REGENERATION PROGRAMME, NORTH PORT OF SPAIN EAST
In June 2015, IPI was engaged to provide Project Management Services for the Programme Initiation and Programme Roll-Out phases of the Redevelopment of East Port of Spain.
Through the operationalisation of the National Strategic Plan of 2007 (Vision 2020) over the past 5 years, 3 main development themes have emerged:
- Kick Starting The Diversification Of The Economy
- Creating A New “Road Map” For The Resumption Of Economic & Social Development
- Integrated Strategic Redevelopment Of The Capital City
This fuelled the initiation of the Integrated Strategic Redevelopment of the capital city which prompted the creation of 8 growth centres throughout the city which was recommended for intense regeneration activities focused on solving the recurring issues facing the respective areas of the city of Port of Spain.
The Trinidad and Tobago Housing Development Corporation (HDC), with the mandate to implement the broad policy of housing as set by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago and to provide affordable housing to the national population. As such, they have begun the process of treating with these problems since October 2012 in a very logical and strategic manner with the aim of creating functional, sustainable housing communities in these areas through various urban regeneration practices.
The North Port of Spain East growth centres envisages the development of an attractive residential, commercial and cultural area in close proximity to the CBD, with proposed accommodation for over 2,405 units and ancillary recreational, education and training facilities throughout North Port of Spain East.
- All Stars Pan Yard
- Upper Nelson Street Residences
- George Street Residences
- Duncan Street Commercial Block 1
- Duncan Street Commercial Block 2
- Duncan Street Mixed Residential
- Duncan Street Mixed Use
- Lower Nelson Street Mixed Use
- Mosque Grounds Mixed Use
- Lower Duncan Street Residences
- Cathedral Place & Plaza
- Riverside Residences & Training Facility
- Urban Regeneration Centre
- RESIDENTIAL – 2,405 Proposed Units
- COMMERCIAL – Urban Regeneration Centre Comprising Residential Upper Floors, Training Centres, Construction Trades, Maintenance Trades, ICT Training, Library Facilities
- PUBLIC/CIVIC SPACE – Tamarind Square
- MIXED USE – Residential/ Commercial/ Retail
- PUBLIC SPACE – Recreational Park Facilities
- CAR PARKADE
- CULTURAL – All Stars Pan Yard